Home Phone Dealer Policies:
- If paperwork is received after an order is deleted (either due to missing paperwork or due to missing payment), Dealers should ask their Tempo Dealer Support Representative that the order be undeleted BEFORE faxing the paperwork. By doing this, the paperwork can be attached to the ORDER. If the paperwork is attached to the account without this step, Tempo Dealer Support will lose the ability to view it.
- Order processing has given Tempo Dealer Support a 4-business-hour Service Level Agreement for attaching paperwork to the order. If a Dealer sees that paperwork has been faxed to Order Assurance (fax server), and it has not been attached after 4 business hours, the Dealer should e-mail email@example.com and ask them to attach the document to the order. Indicating the document ID or the location in the fax server window may be helpful.
Refunds & Balance Transfers
- Refunds are only available within 24 hours of placing the order.
- Dealers are responsible for advising the customer at the time ofthe sale that they have 24 hours to cancel their order and receive a refund.
- Refunds are issued with a check to the customer. This process happens twice-monthly. Customers should be advised that their refund could take up to 30 days to be received, and will be mailed to the address on their prepaid form.
- All refunds are processed through Birch Communications. Any dealers who choose to refund a customer from their cash drawer will not be reimbursed by Birch Communications.
- It is against billing policy to transfer balances between accounts. This is only done under unique situations approved by director-level employees.
Payments by Check or Money Order
- Checks and money orders are not generally accepted methods of payment through Tempo.
Payments with Changes
- ALL ACCOUNT CHANGES MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE. Billing is generated on the actual due date, so if the customer wants to change their account, the billing added on the due date will apply, and the bill will reflect two months of payment. Always advise customers at the time of sale that changes to their account need to happen prior to the due date, and must be accompanied by a payment at the time of the change order.
- Only one Lifeline discount is available to an end-user per service address.
- Customers who are receiving Lifeline discounts on a mobile phone cannot receive Lifeline discounts on their land line.
- Lifeline discounts vary by state. Please refer to the Lifeline Pricing Guide for quoting Lifeline discounts to customers.